Founded in 1988, IFIT (International Foundation for Information Technology) aims to enhance
IT diffusion among leaders in business/society to overcome productivity issue of Japan.
To this end, IFIT is currently working on creating learning platforms for Japanese leaders through
sharing experiences and knowledge with leaders of excellent IT use-cases in business/society of the world.
IFIT workshop series has started in February 8th, 2017, in preparation for the coming IFIT delegation to Boston in April. As a start of the program, Dr. Atsushi SHINJO, Associate Professor of Keio University and Deputy CIO of Government of Japan, who is also a coordinator of the delegation, spoke about issues on social innovation of Japan. Subsequently, the series has been followed by presentations by Mr. Masakazu Kobayashi, an author of "Genome editing", and Mr. Hidetaka Nishimura, Director of Bio-Industry Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade and industry.
The program is participated by Japanese young business leaders.
- ◆Feb. 8. 2017
- Dr. Atsushi SHINJO
- Associate Professor of Keio University and Deputy CIO of Government of Japan
- ◆Feb. 22. 2017
- Mr. Masakazu KOBAYASHI
- Research Fellow, KDDI Research, Inc. an author of ”Genomu Henshu towa nanika [Genome Editing]”(2016).
- ◆Mar. 1. 2017
- Mr. Hidetaka NISHIMURA
- Director of Bio-Industry Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- ◆Mar. 22. 2017
- Mr. Mitsuhiro SHIRAKAWA
- Director, EditForce
- Mr. Shotaro UEMATSU
- President, G-TAC CO.,Ltd.
- IFIT has conducted a delegation on "IT and Service Design" to San Francisco, from 8th to 11th of November, 2016. Dr. Yuriko SAWATANI, Professor, Tokyo University of Technology, who is also a coordinator of the delegation, facilitated the discussion.
Participants made presentations on
each action plans after the delegation.2016.11.8：
The program is participated by Japanese business leaders.
- IFIT's report, "Survey Report on IT Usage of Japanese Firms", has been cited by `ICT personnel and literacy subcommittee`* of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. By the data, striking shortage on ICT personnel in ICT user companies, as well as ICT service provider companies, was pointed out.
- Oct. 21st, 2016; Agenda for `ICT personnel and literacy subcommittee` (Tentative, in Japanese)
"Shortage on ICT personnel"（Left, p.14）
- *A subcommittee of 'Local IoT implementation promotion Taskforce', Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- IFIT's articles on delegations to US, UK and Germany in FY2015. (in Japanese)
- IFIT Workshop was held on February 25th 2016, in preparation for the coming IFIT delegation to the US in March. As a start of the session, Dr. Atsushi SHINJO, Associate Professor of Keio University and Deputy CIO of Government of Japan, who are also a member of the delegation, spoke about issues on IT policy and innovation of Japan. Subsequently, Ms. Atsuko NOMURA, Senior Researcher of Japan Research Institute, Ltd., gave a presentation on "New tide of the finance innovation - a trend and the prospects of Fintech".
- IFIT's report, "Survey Report on IT Usage of Japanese Firms", has been cited by expert members at Prime Minister's Council on Economic and Fiscal Policy. By the data, the delay of actions that utilized CIO, such as the improvement of the investment returns and the new business reclamation was pointed out.
1st Meeting (January 21st, 2016, in Japanese)
Aiming a good circulation of growth and the distribution : "Expansion of human resource investment" (p.6)
- The first IFIT Workshop was held on October 23th 2015, in preparation for the coming IFIT delegation to Europe in November.
Thanks for generous offer from the guest speaker, Mr. Koichi Iwamoto of METI, the author of "Industire 4.0", the presentation slides
(in Japanese) can be downloaded below.
- Slide 1) The Impact of Industrie 4.0
〔PDF1：6.54MB〕 〔PDF2：6.25MB〕 〔PDF3：5.83MB〕
- Slide 2) "The winner-take-all" Germany's Economic Revitalization Reform
- Slide 3) Industrie 4.0 it's OWL Project
- English translations of the press-releases are now available here.
（FY2014, FY2015 and FY2016：in Japanese）
"Survey Report on IT Usage of Japanese Firms", 2015.5.20〔PDF：68.3KB〕
"Overseas Survey Report 2014 (UK and Estonia)", 2015.2.26〔PDF：67.1KB〕
"Survey Report on the Effects of IT to the "Living" ~IT Usage and Awareness of Digital Native Generation~, 2015.1.8〔PDF：70.8KB〕
※Annual reports and financial statements（財務状況：in Japanese）
As of 2021.7.6
Naho Saito, Director of Policy Department and Head of Global Alliance, Japan Productivity Center
President of Councillors;
Junichi Sawada, Director of the Board, Japan Productivity Center
Board of Councillors;
Toru Kajikawa, CPA, Chairman, Grant Thornton Taiyo LLC
Mariko Kono, President and Representative Director, Carian Inc.
Board of Directors;
Yukari Inoue, Secretarian Team Corporate headquarters, Ushio Inc.
Tomoko Sumida, Vice President, Future Corporation
Kenichi Hara, Director of the Board, Japan Productivity Center
Katsuyuki Miyakawa, Attorney at Law, the Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices
By mail: IFIT,
Japan Productivity Center Building,
2-13-12, Hirakawa-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8643 Japan